Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mirror, Mirror

Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself.  I got up early on Saturday to go to the gym and got this great shot of myself in the mirror as I was getting ready.  I walked right out the door looking like this.  No makeup, hair all a-frizzle, and wrinkled tee-shirt plucked off the bedroom floor where it had been balled up since the evening before.

Ignore those little toothpaste flecks on the mirror.
It's not that I stopped caring how I look after having two kids.  But I do care a little less.  Somewhere along the line I decided that instead of pulling myself together to go to the gym, I could just...go to the gym.

I'm of two minds about this revelation.  1) It's awesome to not care how you look. 2) I don't want to be one of those women that people see and think, "Wow, she's let herself go."  

I don't need to look like Katie Holmes or Gwen Stefani when I'm out and about with the kids.  Well, heh, even if I wanted to...right?  Being freshly showered, wearing clothes that fit and are appropriate to the occasion, is my goal every single day.  It shouldn't really be that difficult, so why is it?

I'm looking into it.  I'll let you know what I find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment