Thursday, June 2, 2011

30 Days of Creativity: Day 1- iPad sketch

I've decided to take the 30 Days of Creativity challenge.

The nice thing about this challenge is that there are no rules.  The creating can be as complex or as lazy/last-minute as I want it to be.  So here's my completed project for Day 1.





It's a tracing of an actual picture I took of an accordion player in Paris.  I used an iPad app called Doodle Buddy, which is geared for children.  I used my photo as a background and traced, with my finger, over the picture. Then I changed the background to a blank white.  Time spent: 10 minutes.  

I'm off to a slow start, but this was a fun little exercise.  It made me think of other projects I could do with tracing. Perhaps a duvet such as this one from Marimekko.  

I brainstormed a little, to make sure I had enough ideas for making things all 30 days.  It turns out I have at least twice the ideas I need, and I think I even have the materials to see most of them to completion.  It strikes me that I'm constantly collecting "crafting" supplies, but I rarely have the time to use them.  I'm hoping this challenge will be a little bit of a turning point in how I view my stash.  If I can't use my supplies in the next 30 days, when I am purposefully creating things, maybe those materials need to find a new home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment