Saturday, June 18, 2011

30 Days of Creativity: Day 16- Kaleidoscopic Living Room

I had a lot of trouble getting anything done for Day 16.  The Mister had to fly to Chicago for the morning and was supposed to be getting on a 2:00 flight back home.  One problem after another had him switching planes, trying to get other flights on standby, waiting on planes that ended up needing repairs.  He finally found out around midnight that his last chance for a flight home wasn't going to happen.  He was sent to a hotel, where he napped for a couple hours before going back to the airport to get on the first flight out in the morning.


I know things like these are bound to happen, but it was still frustrating.  We are very much a two-parent household.  Our family gets through certain difficult times of the day, like bedtime, only because The Mister and I split the kids up and deal with them one-on-one.  So when I'm on my own, with two cranky kids, and I'm exhausted because there's been no one to relieve me all day, everything starts to fall apart.

It was 9:00 before I finally tip-toed out of Boo's room and sank into the couch.  I so badly wanted to get something productive done for myself, but I was physically and mentally exhausted.  I had my iPad and I just started playing around with a kaleidoscope photo feature, pointing it around the room from where I sat.  So with absolutely no effort, I managed to make something interesting.








I feel bad wasting some of my 30 Days on things I didn't put any thought into.  Obviously, I don't have to stop being creative when my 30 Days are up, but I was hoping to have 30 original projects that I could point to at the end of it all.

1 comment:

  1. suze, being a mom is the most creative thing you can do! your children are tiny little miracles and sometimes just taking care of those little miracles [and keeping them alive]is a tough task that involves some creativity in itself...don't be so hard on yourself! It does get easier! I promise [I won't tell you that the problems just change though] ;)maybe we should schedule a girls crafty weekend because I think we would have a LOT of fun crafting together!! ~bekkah

    ReplyDelete