Monday, June 20, 2011

30 Days of Creativity: Day 18- Chicago Highlights

I didn't have time to do much for Day 18, but I did spend time organizing my pictures from our family trip to Chicago.  We went to Chicago during Memorial Day Weekend because The Mister had some business to do at the Building Department.  We had talked about going this summer anyway, so when the opportunity came up we decided, two days in advance, this was the right time to go.
Here are a few of my favorite moments from the trip.

Enjoying the hotel room view

Silliness at the hotel


"Conducting" an orchestra at Pritzker Pavilion 


Exploring Cloud Gate

Checking out reflections

Early morning at Cloud Gate

My self-portrait and would-be camera thief

Practicing walking in Crown Fountain

Flying a kite in Grant Park

A bench made of rolling pins at the Children's Museum

Captivated by computers at the Children's Museum

Of course, we have many other wonderful memories of our time in Chicago.  Travelling with young children is challenging, and when those kids have some dangerous food allergies, it's important to have a plan for every situation.  I feel like The Mister and I really stepped up in terms of our organization, our flexibility, and our patience.  I tell myself it only gets easier from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment