Monday, June 20, 2011

30 Days of Creativity: Day 19: Little Herb Garden

I worry about the dumbest things.  I've been growing different potted plants on our back patio for years, where no one can see them, but I never put anything out in front of the house.  The reason is that many of our neighbors are dedicated gardeners and really know what they are doing.  I usually kill plants after a few weeks, and I like to keep that private to save myself the embarrassment.


I'm vaguely aware that some plants need more sun than others.  And I've figured out that our patio is in the shade a good part of the day.  So I'm making a radical change this summer and planting some herbs in front of the house.


"Are you going to Scarborough Fair...Basil, French Tarragon, and Lavender."

My plan is to start using the basil and tarragon in cooking ASAP, before they die.  I'm not even sure what to do with the lavender, except smell it every time I walk past.  Which I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment