Monday, June 20, 2011

30 Days of Creativity: Day 20: Illustrated Grocery List

I will apparently do whatever it takes to get the kids to the grocery store with me.  I could go shopping in the evening after they are in bed, but I really want that time to be "me time."  The best way to organize my time is to take the kids along on all the mundane errands during the day.  Unfortunately, there are days when the kids don't want to cooperate, and that's when the crayons come out. 

I present to you The Illustrated Grocery List. 


I took requests from Boo and drew quick pictures of the things he wanted to get at Trader Joe's.  Then he added some pictures of his own at the bottom, although I'm not sure what those are supposed to be.  We reviewed it before we left home, and he was able to name everything.  Punky looked at it and just pointed at the apples.  


We live the same distance from the Traders Joe's in St. Louis Park as we do from the one in St. Paul.  Naturally, we choose the one with underground parking and an elevator.


Punky is pretty happy to ride in the cart.


The real reason my kids behave in the grocery store. They know there will be snacks when we get back to the car.  Boo is having freeze-dried mango slices and Punky is having a slice of apple.


Typically, we find a few things that weren't on the list.  

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Love it. And happy that you don't really get out of there with 4 things. =)

    ReplyDelete