Sunday, June 26, 2011

30 Days of Creativity: Day 24- Framed Vintage Book

It's another quickie project, yet something I've been wanting to get done for awhile.

I have this adorable Little Golden Book, "The Poky Little Puppy."  Except it's the French version.


I bought it at the Paris Flea Market in a stall packed full of old children's books.  I dug around for the longest time, looking for interesting artwork, with the intention of taking apart a book for decorating.  I was happy to find this one because it's a popular book in English, even though I never read it as a child.

For a few years, it moved around from shelf to shelf in our house.  Today I stuck the whole thing into a frame.


At first I was going to trim the matting, but I didn't mind how it looked with some of the picture cut off.  Now it's a cute piece of art.  

No comments:

Post a Comment