Saturday, June 4, 2011

30 Days of Creativity: Day 3- Lamp Revamp

This time, I choose a project that has been begging to be done for several months.  As we put the finishing touches on our master bedroom, I'm finding that I gravitate toward light wood, white and yellow accessories, and glossy finishes.  Our old dark brown lamps just didn't fit anymore.  



Can you guess the source of these vintage-y lamps?  

They're from Target!

Several years ago, they had a line of cool retro dorm furnishings that eventually went on mega-clearance.  I think I paid around $12 each for these.  I've never been a fan of the dark wood, but the shape was what sold me.  


Out on the patio, they went.


This was just the first coat of four.  We choose a glossy white spray paint that I thought might give them a more modern feel.


And here they are in their place in our bedroom.  You can't tell by the picture, but they retained some of the wood grain texture.  I don't love it, but it's certainly not noticeable until you walk up to them.

Our bedroom before:


And our bedroom in its current (not yet finished) state:


I'm excited that this room is starting to look pulled-together.  Maybe that's because I threw the pile of clutter behind me for this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment