Saturday, June 4, 2011

30 Days of Creativity: Day 4- A Leafy Sandwich for a Little Boy

Maybe it's because he watches too much "Go, Diego, Go!" but Boo is obsessed with what different animals like to eat.  I keep bags of organic mixed greens in the fridge, with the intention of The Mister and me eating more veggies.  Never in my wildest imagination did I think Boo would make the connection that we eat leaves "just like a giraffe does."  He will eat them plain, in his hands, after digging them out of the bag.  But I've introduced to him the idea that they are also good on a sandwich.
Here is a sandwich I made for Boo tonight, built exactly to his specifications.


We start with a lightly toasted bagel.  It has to be toasted so it's warmed up, but not crispy.  Spread on a thick layer of Trader Joe's tahini-free hummus.  It must be tahini-free, due to the sesame allergy.


Put on some thinly-sliced red bell peppers.  Sometimes orange peppers are acceptable, but never the yellow ones.  Add a layer of greens, making sure at least half are baby spinach leaves.


And there you go.  A delicious, crunchy, creamy sandwich made especially for Boo, although I've been known to steal a bite or two.


Just like a giraffe.

No comments:

Post a Comment