Wednesday, June 8, 2011

30 Days of Creativity: Day 7- Sneaky Stain Cover-Up

I save some pretty random things, thinking I'll find a use for them.


This cute appliqué is from some "Days of the Week" Paul Frank underwear.  Yes, they make that for adults.  And let me tell you how annoying it is to dig through a drawer to make sure you have the right day.

So all seven day's worth ended up in one of my scrap fabric bins, waiting for a better use.

Enter Punky's stained shirts.



I just slapped a couple of the pictures I liked on some fusible web.  I discovered fusible web a few years ago.  It's like a double-sided sticker that you use to iron one fabric onto another.


After ironing, I sewed a zigzag stitch around the edges to reinforce.  And that's all there was to it.


For just a few cents and a few minutes work, I got a little more use out of these otherwise-ruined shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment