Tuesday, July 12, 2011

So Much For the 30 Days...

Well, I didn't do it.  I have a million excuses, mostly centering around a sick family and several sleepless nights.  Why is it the mom doesn't get sick when the rest of them do?  Anyway, I didn't create anything (or anything worth taking pictures of) for the last three days of June.  And I'm fine with that.


It was a challenging month, but so worth it.  I finished so many projects I had previously bought materials for, and made myself purge some materials I realized I was never going to use.  I sort of got into the habit of blogging every day.  I made things I am actually proud of, like the denim skirt, which is still going strong!

I'm cutting myself a lot of slack because, technically, I create stuff every day in the form of cleverly disguised semi-nutritious meals, toys from random household objects, songs about whatever task I'm trying to get the kids to do next.  You get the idea.  So, while it was mind-blowing just to churn out actual arty/crafty things constantly, it was tough to keep going with all the other things I'm usually preoccupied with.

I've still got a lot of work to do in terms of decorating the upstairs bedrooms and organizing the basement family room area, so watch for those updates in the months ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment