Sunday, August 21, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge- Day...whatever

I'm totally CHEATING at this point, and I don't feel that bad about it.  So I've missed a few days taking pictures, and I made up for what I didn't have today.  Who cares?  It's not an actual contest.  The point is to get me thinking about how to take different kinds of pictures, right?

Day 15: Silhouette 

This was taken last weekend, and as soon as I saw it, I thought, "Darn, but tomorrow is the day for a silhouette!"  And then I thought, "Hey, I like this picture so much, I'm going to just use it for tomorrow's."  Thus, my week of slacking began.  We were at Franconia Sculpture Park and there's a building you can walk into that has one wall made up of slats.  We had so much fun taking pictures there and got some cool effects with the light.  This was taken with the Hipstamatic app on my iPhone for a nice vintage look.

Day 16: Long Exposure

This is something I never tried before.  It took me a while to figure out the settings on our digital camera, and I'm thinking there's a way to slow it down even more, but this isn't bad for a first try.  That's my iPhone I'm waving around in the dark.


Day 17: Technology

DC-25 All Floors: Deconstructed.  If you own a Dyson, you know that you're supposed to wash out the two filters every three months.  When I pull the filters out, I always see that there's more crud and caked on dust in the little nooks and holes.  So I take apart everything that looks like it should come apart and wash it.  This reminds me of Bob Sagat's character on Full House because there was an episode where he finished vacuuming, then pulled out a handheld vac to vacuum his regular vacuum cleaner.  Am I the only one who didn't think that was crazy?  If you're cleaning with a dirty vacuum, you are spreading around more dirt, even if it is a Dyson.


Day 18: Your Shoes

Keen flip-flops .  My around-the-house shoes.

Day 19: Something Orange

Punky's favorite car toy is this Ernie.  He usually lives in her carseat when she's not in it, but today he hitchhiked his way into the house in the pocket of my purse.

Day 20: Bokeh

Of course, I had to look up bokeh.  I was relieved to find out I already knew what it was, just not the name for it.  Then I got nervous because I'm not familiar with our camera operation, and I didn't know if I could make it do what I wanted.  It took a few minutes fooling around with the settings, and I've got it figured out now.  This deserves a lot more experimentation, I think.

Day 21: Faceless Self-Portrait
I think I should post my "outtakes" when this month is over.  I spent several minutes trying to take this picture, waving the camera over my head, with some kooky results.  Hey, is my hair really this multi-colored when you see it from the top, or am I reflecting a red or orange light?


No comments:

Post a Comment