Sunday, September 25, 2011

Kids + Markers

The other day, while Punky was down for a nap, I got out our box of crayons and markers to keep Boo busy so I could go online for a little while.  He drew quietly for a few minutes, then showed me his picture.



"It's a shark!"

OK, I know I'm the proud mom, but it really does look like a shark, doesn't it?

He started to draw another shark, but asked me to make the fin, eyes, and teeth, so I did.  He looked happy with the picture for awhile, but then scribbled across the face.


"It's a shark wearing sunglasses!"

By now I'm thinking I have the smartest, most creative kid in the world.  So cool.

Then I heard Punky stirring upstairs.  I instructed Boo to keep drawing while I went to check on his sister.  I ended up holding her for several minutes in her room and finally heard Boo coming up the stairs to find me.

He came into the room and said, very dramatically, "Mama, you are going to be sad."

"Why is that?" I asked him.

"I did some writing on your computer."





Most of it cleaned up easily.  We only use Crayola washable markers in our house.  Of course, there is still plenty of ink down between the keys.  It's the finishing touch after losing the "Q" key last winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment