Wednesday, June 27, 2012

30 Days of Creativity: Birthday Cake

Day 22

This was Boo's 4th birthday, so of course I had to throw together some kind of cake for him.  I debated over getting any old box mix and then just keeping it away from Punky, but it's nice when she gets to eat the same things the rest of us are having.  


Shockingly, there is one mix that works for her.



We took a chance one day and gave her a few bites of this banana bread (Boo's favorite).  The ingredients seem like they'd probably be safe, but you do have to add egg to the mix.  After a few different times eating this and not having a reaction, we figure it's safe.  Whether that means egg in general is OK, or just small amounts of egg baked for a long time, we don't know.  But it's a good sign.


Luckily Boo forgot about the request a few months ago that I make him a Cut the Rope-themed cake.  When I asked him more recently, he just wanted purple frosting.  I'm still staying away from the food dyes because I swear, it makes him go off his rocker.  So I colored the frosting with mashed blueberry juice.  The added bonus was that it ended up tasting like blueberry frosting on a banana cake.  Delicious!




1 comment:

  1. Cute! It is nice you guys can do wheat even if no rice. We have to do lots of rice/potato/corn.

    ReplyDelete