Sunday, July 1, 2012

30 Days of Creativity: Peter Rabbit Duvet

Day 28

Punky recently moved into her "big girl" bed, a twin mattress on the floor.  I picked up a cute flowered duvet cover from IKEA, but I had a great idea for making a second one.  It's no secret that I hoard fun fabrics, thinking I'll sew something with them someday.  I probably have more fabric than I have ideas for at this point.  


I have been hanging on to this Peter Rabbit flat sheet that I got at a thrift store a few years ago.  


I sewed it to a cheap white flat sheet from IKEA to make a duvet cover, which is really just a giant pillowcase.  Minimal sewing skills required!


The bottom I left open for inserting the duvet (another cheap IKEA find).


Here it is on Punky's bed.




And, just for fun, here are some more pictures of Punky's room.



My favorite thing is the little closet we made from my old TV armoire.  It came from Target many years ago and has gone through many paint and hardware changes.



It's so fun to dress up a little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment