Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday Morning Roundup 10.15.12

Happy Monday!  Here are my favorite links this week and a picture I took of some cows.  





I recently smooshed a spider with my bare hand.  It's something you never imagine being able to do, until you're a mom and you're in bed with your two year-old, and you notice a spider running down the wall and there's no time extract yourself from under your child's sweaty head to grab a tissue.  I don't know where the carcass landed, but I know I did not set up a shrine like the folks at the Carmichael Collective.

When you order one of these gorgeous handmade scarves from fashionABLE, you are helping Ethiopian women-at-risk earn incomes so they can stay out of prostitution.  Every scarf comes with a handwritten note from a woman who benefits from this program.  Sounds like a great Christmas gift idea! (ahem, infinity scarves are my favorite)

Is everyone watching Call The Midwife? I went into it thinking it would be more light-hearted, but no.  It's a gritty history lesson on poverty and women's health in the 50s, and gives me my Sunday night British accent fix while I wait for Season 3 of Downton Abbey.  You can catch up on the first few episodes on PBS.

I'm trying to come up with some ideas for a good family photo to stick on our Christmas cards.  Then I look at the best family photo shoot I've ever seen, and I feel like I should just give up now.

My Home Ec project this week is to make my own laundry detergent.  Will it really save me a ton of money?  After I factor in the driving around I had to do to find a store selling washing soda, probably not.  But it sounds interesting anyway.

Have a nice week!

No comments:

Post a Comment