Monday, October 8, 2012

Monday Morning Roundup 10.8.12

Good morning!  Here are my favorite links this week.  



The Mister put the Manga-Camera app on his iPhone and has been having a fun time taking pictures of the kids with it.  It makes everything look cool, even our fat white cat sleeping under a chair.

Everyone's been talking about the funny customer reviews for the Hutzler Banana Slicer.  Now check out what people are saying about the Wheelmate Laptop Steering Wheel Desk .

I've been trying really hard to stick to a budget lately.  Here's some sage advice from this (slightly old) SNL skit:  Don't buy stuff you cannot afford.

Check out the Doedemee project to see 100 classic book covers redesigned by artists around the world to raise awareness of illiteracy.  My favorite one is In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust.

Finally, with the holidays approaching, I'm thinking about making pake.  That's pie+cake, and I'm thinking it could either be the most decadent of sweets, or an unattractive mush.  I'm also thinking that one slice would be adequate, so I need to find an adventurous group of people to help me eat the "turducken of desserts."

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment