Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday Morning Roundup 11.26.12

Happy Monday, all.

Look what's back at Trader Joe's.  Hey, if I didn't buy three, some other hoarder would come along and wipe them all out.  

For the first time, I didn't go out shopping on Black Friday.  Not that I didn't want to, but we had some unexpected bills earlier in the month, and most of our Christmas shopping is done already.  When I finally got sick of being in the house with the family, I took myself out for a cup of hot chocolate and drove around listening to Arcade Fire until I ended up at the local library.  No crowds, no parking lots, no credit cards (although, the library put a hold on my account until I came up with $5 to pay down my fines).

For once, I'm a little bit glad my Black Friday didn't resemble any of these.

Our house is pretty modern, and I try to keep to a theme when decorating for Christmas, even though the kids have been crafting and coloring some bizarre "ornaments" and hanging them on the tree.  I think I'll steer them toward these 15 DIY Modern Holiday Decorations.

Check out this Ice Cubes Recipe and then read the comments.

Yesterday I went to the Cindy Sherman exhibit at the Walker.  If you go, find out a little bit about her beforehand.  And know that there is an entire gallery of clown portraits.  Big ones.

I've saved the best for last.  Did you ever see Adele Enerson's baby dream photos of her daughter Mila?  Well, Mila has a new brother, Vincent, and he's having some pretty awesome baby dreams, too.

That's it.  Have a nice week!

No comments:

Post a Comment