Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday Morning Roundup 2.25.13

Happy Monday to all!



This weekend I went into Target Optical for a long-overdue eye exam, to see if there was a vision-related reason I've been having headaches lately.  It's one of those cases of hoping there's nothing wrong with you, but hoping there is so you can be treated.  So I was surprised, but not that surprised, when I was given a prescription for glasses- just for reading, watching movies, and driving at night- because I have astigmatism in my left eye.  It was so bizarre to try on a bunch of glasses thinking, "Oh, crap.  This is an unplanned expense."  On the other hand, I like shopping for accessories, so this could actually be fun.  I took a picture of myself with my favorite pair from Target but in the end, I found a really cheap pair online to start out with.

Some links I liked this week:

Oh, I needed this.  From Zen Habits: The 7 Habits of Calmness

Several people shared on Facebook this article from the NY Times.  The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food.  It's long, but worth reading. Interesting tidbit: The grandchildren of the guy who invented Lunchables have never eaten Lunchables.  So there.

Well, yes: Self Care Makes Childcare Easier

Kids dressed in movie costumes?  Why not?  The Film Petit Flickr Pool

It's going to be a long, long wait for the next season of Downton Abbey, but have you heard of Parade's End?  If you get HBO, you'll be able to see the miniseries this week.  The rest of us will have to wait for the DVD.  It looks fantastic!

Have a wonderful week.  It's getting warmer!  Warmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment