Friday, June 7, 2013

Easy Macrame Plant Holder and Ninja Laser Fun (30 Days of Creativity)

The other day I came to the earth-shattering realization that this is the month of June, otherwise known as 30 Days of Creativity.  This is the third year I'm participating, and it's something I generally look forward to, so I don't know how I missed the start date, but I did.  


I'm still doing it, though.  I don't know yet if I'm going to try to "catch up" or just have a different 30 days than the rest of the people doing this.  I also don't know if I'm going to use any of the prompts on this calendar, because I have no loss of ideas at this point.

Anyway, because I missed the first few days, and was feeling bad about it, I decided to use a project I already did last week (technically in May) for my Day #1.  


It's a really easy macrame plant holder I made with directions from Refinery29.  

I used something called parachute cord that I picked up at Joann.  I like the way it turned out, especially since I did a very simplistic version of macrame, but I would recommend a thinner, more flexible cord for anything more elaborate.  

The pot is just a cheap, plastic one I got from Target for a few bucks.  


After making two identical plant holders, I had some cord left so I wound it around our dining table and chairs to make a laser obstacle course for the kids.  They loved it, and it kept them busy all afternoon.  




No comments:

Post a Comment