Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Fire Starters for Camping (30 Days of Creativity)

Day #19: This has got to be the most boring "creative project" I've ever done, but it will be useful later, and it's made entirely from stuff I'd normally throw away.


We are planning a family camping trip for next month.  I've given camping a shot in the past, even though I'm not very outdoorsy.  I have yet to discover what people enjoy about being chilly, damp, bitten by mosquitoes, and sans wi-fi.  But we're doing this as a fun experience for the kids and I'm determined to make the best of it.

I don't remember where I saw this idea.  I thought Pinterest, but when I went back to link to my source, I couldn't find it again.  It's a simple fire starter hack.  You save all your cardboard toilet paper and paper towel tubes and stuff them full of dryer lint.  Supposedly they catch fire easily, and you don't have to go looking around for dry leaves and twigs for kindling.


It doesn't look like much now, but I'm keeping a zipper bag in the laundry room to save all the lint.  By the time we go camping, I think it should be full.


Meanwhile, I'm looking at Buzzfeed's 41 Camping Hacks That Are Borderline Genius.  I'm going to be doing at least five of these things.  Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment