Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Leftover Frittata (30 Days of Creativity)

Day #24

We had a lot of uneaten veggies leftover after Boo's birthday party, and I was afraid they'd go to waste, so I made them into a frittata.  This is really easy, and there's no recipe needed.  


I chopped onion, bell peppers, broccoli, and cauliflower into small pieces and cooked them for a few minutes in a cast iron skillet with a little oil and a dash of salt.


I poured in about eight beaten eggs (mixed with water, but you could use milk) and put a few halved grape tomatoes on top.  


Then I transferred the skillet to the oven, heated at 400, for about 30 minutes.


I was happy to see my cast iron skillet was as seasoned as I had hoped because the frittata pulled away from the sides without sticking.  It tasted so good.  You could make this with almost any vegetable, I think, and if you have dairy-eating people, it would be really tasty with cheese.  The one I made was safe for the whole family to enjoy, although the Mister and I were the only ones who ended up eating it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment