Friday, June 28, 2013

Marimekko Wall Hanging (30 Days of Creativity)

Day #25 was when I finally tackled something I've been meaning to do for a long time.  


I've had this Marimekko Kaivo fabric for a while.  It's one of those iconic things you see around for years, then finally get a chance to buy when you find it on sale, then have no idea what to do with.  



I hung mine on our basement family room wall above the sectional.  It looks great there, but my hanging methods left something to be desired.  


I just stuck it on with thumbtacks like it was a cheesy dorm room poster.  


The solution was pretty easy.  I sewed four hanging loops out of black fabric I had lying around.  


Then I folded them over and sewed them to the top edge of the Marimekko fabric.  


I used a cheap little curtain rod from IKEA to hang it up.  It's actually hanging two inches out from the wall now, which I like better.  


Is it weird that I left the selvedge edge showing?  I love to see the name and copyright on fabrics, no matter who the designer is.  


There you have it.  I think this is much better than the other way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment