Friday, June 28, 2013

Pool Noodle Light Sabers (30 Days of Creativity)

Day #27


I'm usually anti-any-toy-that-looks-like-a-weapon.  But while looking for ideas for the dollar store pool noodles I picked up, I kept seeing light sabers.  My kids know what light sabers are, thanks to Angry Birds Star Wars, and something about waving them around at each other seems less violent than shooting, yet a fun way to burn off some energy.


These couldn't be easier and cheaper to make.  You really just need duct tape and a permanent marker to decorate your pool noodle.  Boo insisted that he have Darth Vader's light saber, so I used some red tape to wrap it.  


Boo took over at this point and drew on the "on/off" buttons.


Punky wanted one too, and she wanted hers much shorter.  Whatever.


Cue the Imperial March...


I can't tell who won this battle, but they had fun and no one got hurt.  









No comments:

Post a Comment