Thursday, June 13, 2013

Put An Owl On It (30 Days of Creativity)

Day #12.  I'm crazy about these cheap plastic planters at Target.  I bought this one for a bigger fern that I wanted to hang up, after doing my other macrame plant hangers.  



Instead of using neon cord, I went with a thin white household twine.  Then I thought it still needed something so I took inspiration from West Elm's owl ceramics (just go to the site and search "owl").  Using a Sharpie marker, and copying some images I found online, I drew a picture of an owl.  


I didn't have much confidence that this would end well, but it turns out that if you can draw geometric shapes, it's not hard to make an owl.  If you can get the circles for the eyes the same shape and size, the rest follows.  

No comments:

Post a Comment