Thursday, June 13, 2013

That's No Moon (30 Days of Creativity)

I make so many things for Punky to wear, that I really wanted to give something special to Boo.  So for Day #11, I made a Death Star stenciled tee shirt.  



I've been wanting to try freezer paper stenciling for the longest time, and I have not been able to find it anywhere locally.  I finally put my Amazon Prime membership to good use and ordered some.  The internet is full of tutorials and stencils, so I hunted down a few basic Star Wars and Super Mario printables for Boo to choose from.    


Punky wanted to be involved in every step of the project.  Here she is tapping the foam brush on the ironed-on freezer paper cut-out.


The hardest part was waiting for the paint to dry enough to peel off the freezer paper.


Mission accomplished!  Boo took one look and screamed, "it's the Death Star!  Is it for me?"   He has never even watched Star Wars, but he knows about the main characters, weapons, and vehicles from Angry Birds Star Wars.  I'm not sure if that's going to ruin the movies for him someday, or just make it more exciting to have a story that goes along with what he already knows.  

No comments:

Post a Comment