Thursday, January 15, 2015

Thrifty Thursday: Adding to the Stash

One trick of thrifting is riding the fine line between only buying things you need, and buying things ahead so you'll have them when you need them.  I do buy ahead for both kids when I find things I know they'll use in the next season or two.  I limit myself to one bin for each kid and another for shoes and boots.  I also go through them regularly to make sure I know what I have on hand, and clean out anything I don't think we'll use.

I went to Goodwill and found some cute things for Punky that won't work for her this winter, but I can stash them away for summer or another year.


A fun little Gap dress.


This adorable top from Papo d'Anjo, a brand I had never heard of before.  It's a high-end kids line named after a traditional Portugese egg yolk dessert, that I kind of want to try now.


A Naartjie sundress, that I'm not crazy about, but I think Punky will love to wear on a hot summer day.  I just found out that Naartjie went out of business, so maybe I'm not the only one who wasn't a fan of the over-the-top frilliness 


An adorable Mini Boden applique shirt.


A Mini Boden pointelle t-shirt.  Both Mini Boden shirts are size 9-10, which is a long way off, but they are really nice looking so I felt they would be worth it.


Gap dress 3.99
Papo d'Anjo top 3.99
Naartjie sundress 2.99
Pink Applique Mini Boden top 2.99
Pink Pointelle Mini Boden top 2.99

And if I had waited to buy these until Goodwill's Toddler Thursday, all this would have been 50% off, but alas, I had to scoop them up while I had the chance.  

Total cost: 16.95
Total time in store: 20 minutes (sometimes it doesn't take long)


No comments:

Post a Comment