Monday, February 2, 2015

Monday Morning Roundup 2.2.15

Happy Monday!  I am so glad to start a new week after being home with sick kiddos most of last week.  They weren't really feeling all that sick, but sick enough to stay out of school with their constantly dripping noses.


I convinced Punky that some homemade chicken noodle soup would make her feel better.  I think it did, or at least the fun of slurping noodles took her mind off her sinuses for a while.  


Here are a few good links:

From Buzzfeed: 19 Perfectly Emotional "Parenthood" Moments.  I had forgotten about some of these! Man, I'm going to miss that show, but I'll enjoy re-watching it on Netflix.

I attended my first-ever book club meeting last Friday, and felt like I've really fallen behind in my book-reading.  Then I found, from Modern Mrs. Darcy, The 2015 Reading Challenge.  It's totally do-able, even if you've gotten off to a slow start this year.

Racked shows us every piece from Ava & Viv, Target's upcoming plus-size line.  I'm hearing a lot of buzz that this will somehow be different than other plus-size brands, and I'm not sure I see it.  I mean, can anyone wear those jumpsuits?  But because real women were consulted in the pieces Target chose, I do want to see them in person when they hit the stores later this month.

If you are thinking about buying a fitness tracker, you can rent before you buy from this service.  I got a Jawbone UP for Christmas and I love it, but I deliberated between that and a FitBit for a long time.  (Groupon had a deal for the Jawbone, so that's ultimately why I chose it).

Portraits of Mothers Who Have Been Given Makeovers by Their 3 to 5-Year-Old Daughters.  Having been given many a kid makeover myself, this is pretty accurate.  I just wish we could see some outfits as well.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment